Test Engineer - ISEB/Oracle/Mercury - Middlesex
£30,000 - £40,000 + benefits
As a test engineer you will work closely with the development team on their latest software product releases.
Central duties of the role are:
Mandatory skills and experience:
- Creating and maintaining functional, non-functional and system test scenarios and plans.
- Using all sources of information to prioritise test scenarios
- Executing test scenarios and recording results
- Selecting tests for automation and producing automation scripts
- Following a formal defect management process
- Employing risk-based analysis to ensure the most efficient use of time and resources
Candidates must :
- Have an excellent knowledge of software testing procedures.
- Have excellent analytical skills with attention to detail
- Be rigorous in the standards that they apply to their work.
- Have an open approach to communication and good interpersonal skills, leading to good verbal and written communication.
- Thrive in a collaborative team environment and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Have solid scripting or coding experience (e.g. Bash, Python)
- Have an keen interest in technologies and be able to pick up new technologies quickly and easily
- Have experience of Linux
Desirable skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level in Computer Science or a related discipline
- ISEB certified
- Mercury Quality Center
- Oracle (11g) including PL/SQL
- Networking fundamentals (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, routing etc)
- Test automation
- Database manipulation tool(s) e.g. TOAD or SQL Navigator
Please submit your CV for further details.